This bright and cheery Moroccan Carrot Soup is infused with orange juice, ginger and warming Moroccan spices. Vegan and Gluten Free it’s simple to make with delicious flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fat shallots, or one onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb carrots, peeled, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 8 ounces potatoes, rough chopped
- 1 apple, rough chopped
- 2 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup –1 cup orange juice ( juice from 1- 2 oranges)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple, sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or allepo, more to taste
Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot. Add onions and saute over med-high heat until tender and golden, 3-4 minutes. Turn heat to medium and add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, until golden and fragrant. Add the carrots, potatoes, apples, stock and water.
Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
Let this cool then blend in batches ( in a blender) until very very smooth and place back in the pot.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 339.5 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrot soup recipe, vegan carrot soup, moroccan carrot soup, ginger carrot soup, carrot ginger soup, healthy carrot soup recipe