Muesli- a highly nutritious and filling, low fat, sugar free, make- ahead, alternative to granola! Make this with ingredients you already have! Feel free to use GF Rolled oats or grains! Serve with nut milk- like vanilla flavored, unsweetened almond or hemp milk, and fresh berries and fruit.
- 4 cups organic rolled oats or other grain, toasted if you like
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, or a mix
- 1 cup toasted nuts – slivered almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds ( optional)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds ( optional)
- 2 tablespoons whole flax seeds ( optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut ( optional)
- 1 cup dried fruit- cranberries, raisins, cherries, goji berries, raspberries, blueberries
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Store in a large 8 cup air-tight jar.
Serve with nut, soy or oat milk, fresh berries or fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple.
In the winter I love this served with vanilla flavored oat milk that has been warmed up. So Good!
Keep this GF, by using gluten-free rolled oats or grains. To cut back further on calories, add less nuts and coconut. If you need to add a little honey to your morning muesli at first ( to make it more palatable) just do it- you can gradually wean yourself off of it. Vanilla flavored nut milks that are unsweetened, work best for me.
Trader Joes has toasted rolled oats- a nice option.
Keywords: muesli recipe, how to make muesli, what is muesli, easy muesli recipe, healthy muesli recipe, vegan muesli