Mexican Slaw with jalapeño and lime- perfect for tacos or a vegan side to your Mexican Feast. Fast and easy and Vegan!
- 1 pound thinly sliced or shredded cabbage ( purple is pretty, or green or use a mix)
- ¼ cup very thinly sliced red onion, more to taste ( or sub 1/2 cup green onion)
- ½–1 cup chopped cilantro ( packed), ½ of a large bunch
- ¼ –½ of a jalapeño, finely chopped, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- pepper to taste
Toss well. Taste and adjust salt and lime. Add extra jalapeno if you like.
Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
If you are sensitive to onions, soak them in a bowl of salted water for 15 minutes, before draining and adding to the salad. This will remove the bitterness.
This salad will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
Keywords: Mexican slaw, taco slaw, Mexican salad, cilantro lime cabbage slaw,