Lemon Cloud Pie- a light and refreshing lemony dessert, that feels like a cloud!
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Cup sugar
- 7 egg whites
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 pre baked pie crust
- Soften gelatin in water. Add fresh lemon juice and sugar, stir over low flame until gelatin dissolves. Cool completely over ice bath.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Whip the cream until stiff and then fold it into the whites along with the cooled lemon juice mixture. Mound the mousse into a pre baked pie shell.
- Top with thinly sliced lemons or lemon zest.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving
- Calories: 350
Keywords: lemon pie, lemon cloud pie, lemon desserts, lemon pie recipe, lemon meringue, best lemon pie