Here’s a super tasty recipe for Vegan Kimchi Noodles, stir-fried with lots of healthy veggies you probably have on hand. Keep it vegan or add an egg, chicken or shrimp! Crispy tofu is also a delicious option here!
- 4 ounces dry noodles (rice noodles, udon noodles, egg noodles, soba noodles, ramen noodles, linguini, etc) cooked according to directions
- A protein of choice ( see notes. Or leave it out!)
Kimchi Noodle Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or GF liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey, agave or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gochujang, or red chili paste (sambal olek)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (VEGANS: sub 1 teaspoon miso paste)
Stir-Fry: (if you want to add meat, shrimp or tofu- see notes first)
- 2 shallots, diced (or half an onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons high heat oil (peanut oil , avocado oil, wok oil)
- 4–5 cups diced or sliced veggies: 1 cup mushrooms, 1 red bell pepper, a mix of: matchstick carrots, cabbage, bok choy, green beans, snow peas, green beans, asparagus, etc.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- Start noodles to cook. Drain and set aside.
- If you’d like to add crispy tofu, pan-seared chicken or shrimp, pan-sear first in the wok, with salt and pepper- set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a wok or skillet. Add shallots, garlic, and onion and saute 1-2 minutes. Add veggies (adding longer cooking ones first) and salt and pepper and stir fry until just tender, yet still vibrant and crisp.
- Make a well in the center and fry the noodles for 1 minute. Add the Sauce and chopped kimchi, tossing everything together. Taste. Adjust heat adding more chili paste if you like as well as fish sauce or soy sauce. (I usually add 1 more tablespoon of Chili paste and a dash of fish sauce.) Lastly, add in any protein you’ve prepped at the very end, tossing to combine.
- Serve immediately, dividing the amount 2-3 bowls, sprinkling with scallions and sesame seeds. Feel free to top with any additional toppings.
Or top with a fried egg, or soft boiled egg.
Keywords: kimchi noodles, Korean noodles, vegan noodles, asian noodles vegan,