Vegan Tofu Ricotta
Vegan Tofu Ricotta – a healthy, nut-free, low-calorie alternative to ricotta cheese, perfect for lasagna, cannelloni, and other baked dishes!
- Author: Sylvia Fountaine
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 6 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: vegan
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: gluten free
- 14 ounces tofu, firm, drained.
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- small handful fresh herbs- basil, Italian parsley, cilantro, chives, scallions or use 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence, Italian herbs or even dried oregano!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil add more for extra richness
- optional addition : 1-3 teaspoons nutritional yeast (gives it a “cheesy” flavor, other spices)
Drain the tofu, ( no need to press it dry) break it up with your hands and place it, along with the other ingredients in a food processor.
Pulse repeated until combined well and coarsely ground, but not totally smooth.
Use it like you wold ricotta cheese- great in lasagna, manicotti, etc…
- For Italian dishes try basil, oregano or Italian parsley
- For Mexican, try cilantro or Mexican Oregano
- For French, thyme, chives or Herbs de Provence
- For a smoky flavor: add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Keywords: vegan ricotta, how to make vegan ricotta, how to make tofu ricotta, tofu ricotta, vegan ricotta recipe, tofu ricotta recipe, how to make tofu ricotta, the best tofu ricotta