This Grilled Salmon Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is perfect for summer barbecues and outdoor gatherings. Chock full of fresh organic produce, not only is this entree salad healthy and easy to make, it’s bursting with delicious summertime flavor! Keto and Low-carb.
GRILLED SALMON SALAD RECIPE
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/3 cup O Organics® olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, more to taste
- 1/2 cup O Organics® mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a jalapeno, sliced (more for more heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, more to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, packed (tender stems OK)
Grilled Salmon Salad
- 4 x 4-6 ounce pieces of salmon (or sub steelhead or ocean trout)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 ounces O Organics® baby arugula
- 3 Turkish cucumbers, sliced, salted
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup O Organics® cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Preheat the grill to med-high heat.
- Make the Dressing: Place all ingredients except the cilantro in a blender, and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add the cilantro and blend again. Taste, and adjust jalapeno, honey, and lime to your taste.
- Grill: Brush each piece of salmon with olive oil, then lightly season each side with salt, chili powder and cumin. Place the salmon on a greased, hot grill. Check after 2-3 minutes for grill marks, then turn. Continue grilling for a few more minutes, to medium (or your preferred doneness), and turn the heat off.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss arugula, cucumber, and onions with a little dressing (you won’t need all) then fold in the avocado, tomatoes, half the pumpkin seeds, and half the Cotija cheese. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Place on a serving platter or in a big wide serving bowl (or divide among four plates), and top with the salmon.
- Sprinkle with remaining pumpkin seeds, Cotija cheese, and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 585
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 742.9 mg
- Fat: 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 10.1 g
- Protein: 33.7 g
- Cholesterol: 70.2 mg
Keywords: Grilled salmon salad, the best grilled salmon salad, salmon avocado salad, salmon arugula salad