Grilled Fig, Balsamic Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
Grilled Pizza with Fresh Figs, Balsamic Onions, Gorganzola and Arugula- a simple easy recipe for grilled pizza and the perfect combination of flavors! | #figpizza #grilledpizza #figs www.feastingathome.com
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main, Pizza Recipe,
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1 red onion- very thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 16 ounces pizza dough, divided into two balls ( or divide into 4)
- 1 garlic clove- smashed
- 1 cup grated mozzerella
- 1 cup crumbled gorganzola cheese- or try cambazola…even better!
- 8 figs- quartered
- handful arugula
- Preheat oven to 450 F or set Grill to high heat
- Let dough rest on a floured surface 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil, over medium high heat, stirring frequently 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, add a pinch salt. Continue sautéing 10 minutes or so until onions begin to caramelized and become soft. Add balsamic, sugar and pepper. Continue to cook about 3-4 more minutes, until balsamic reduces. Set aside.
- Divide dough and stretch into 2 or 4 very thin ovals or rounds.
- If grilling, place directly onto the hot grate, and grill 2 to 3 minutes ( until you develop nice grill marks) and flip and grill other side. Set aside and repeat, or if grill is large enough feel free to do more than one at a time.
- Rub each crust with smashed garlic, divide and sprinkle the cheeses, top with figs and onions and either place in a hot oven to finish or return to the grill, placing on top of a sheet pan.
- Notes: Alternatively, you can bake the pizza in the oven on a sheet pan or hot pizza stone, topping the raw dough with cheeses and figs, then placing in the oven. Bake until the pizzas are cooked through, about 9-11 minutes, remembering that the thinner the crust, the faster they will cook.
- Pull out from the oven top, place on a wood board, sprinkle with arugula, cut and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 245
Keywords: grilled pizza, grilled pizza recipe, fig pizza, how to grill pizza, fig pizza recipe