Mexican Grilled Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Smoky, spicy and delicious, this Grilled Chipotle Chicken is bathed in the most flavorful marinade. Grill the chipotle chicken ahead and reheat on busy weeknights, or store it in the flavorful chipotle marinade, then fire up the grill after work. Use in burrito bowls, salads, tacos, or pasta. So EASY and oh so tasty!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Chicken, main, palo, gluten-free
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: mexican, southwest
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or breasts ( boneless, skinless)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers (canned) plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce ( juice from can)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 ½ tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt ( 1 teaspoon per pound)
Garnish: lime juice and cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor and process into a paste. Place the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag and massage well to mix and coat all sides well. (Or brush all sides well with marinade and place in a container.) Marinate 20 mins or up to 3 days.
- Grill each side of chicken 6-7 minutes, or until good grill marks appear. Lower heat and move chicken to cooler side of the grill and continue to grill until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Let it rest 5-10 mins before serving and squeeze with lime. Sprinkle with optional cilantro.
These can be grilled ahead and will keep 3-4 days in the fridge. Or marinated ahead for up to 3 days.
Keywords: chipotle chicken recipe, chipotle mexican grilled chicken, grilled chipotle chicken, mexican grill chipotle chicken, chipotle chicken, how to make chipotle chicken, chipotle chicken marinade