Grilled Broccolini with Burrata, Hazelnuts and Basil oil- a tasty summer side dish perfect for outdoor dinners and gatherings.
- Preheat the grill to med-high.
- Trim off the tough ends of the broccolini and place in a large bowl or baking dish. Cut any thick stemmed pieces, in half lengthwise so all the stems are roughly the same size, about ⅓ inch thick.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add the garlic and lemon zest, toss again, making sure to coat the tips well. Cut the zested lemon in half.
- Place the lemon halves on the edges of the grill, open side down, and grill the broccolini in a single layer turning every few minutes until tender-crisp, closing the lid between turnings. Small ones will take 4-5 minutes; thicker ones will take longer. Test one on the stem end, for your desired doneness. You want to pull them while they are still bright green.
- You could serve simply like this- squeeze with a little grilled lemon, and sprinkle with red chili flakes.
- Or make the Basil Oil (below) spread some on a platter, then top with the grilled broccolini. Cut the burrata into 8 pieces and place around the broccolini. Add the toasted hazelnuts (I like to cut them in half) and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes, squeeze with the grilled lemon, and drizzle with a little more basil oil.
Basil Oil: Place ½ cup basil (packed) in a food processor, add ½ cup olive oil and one fat garlic clove. Blend until finely chopped but not overly smooth. Add salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon. Add chili flakes if you like. Keep in a jar in the fridge for 4 days.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 332.7 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grilled broccolini, how to grill broccolini, grilled broccolini with lemon, grilled broccolini recipe,