Flavorful Gremolata, an Italian Parsley Lemon Oil that brightens and enlivens dishes, made with very simple ingredients. Swirl it into soups and stews, spoon it over fish, eggs, pasta, risotto dishes, or grilled and braised meats.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 2/3 cup
- Category: Sauces and condiments
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 cup packed Italian Parsley ( small stems OK)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Zest of one small lemon, plus 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice ( Meyer Lemon is especially nice)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt and pepper, more to taste
- pinch chile flakes – optional
- Place parsley, garlic and zest in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add oil, salt & pepper and lemon juice. Pulse again, until uniformly combined but not too smooth.
- Add chili flakes for a touch of heat if you like.
- Store in a jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Alternatively- you can chop everything very finely and place into a bowl. Stir in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Keywords: gremolata, gremolata recipe, gremolata recipes, herb sauce, how to make gremolata, what is gremolata!