This healthy Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect make-ahead pasta salad for summertime picnics, BBQs, potlucks, and easy dinners. A hearty ratio of fresh veggies combined with tender orzo pasta, chickpeas tossed in the tastiest Greek salad dressing.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups, 9-10 oz, orzo pasta uncooked
- 1/4 red onion, about 1/3 cup, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper (or 1/2 red, 1/2 green), chopped small
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 15 oz can chickpeas, 1 1/2 cups, drained
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 cups thin skinned cucumber, chopped small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil and/or mint for garnish if desired
- 6–8 oz feta cheese (sheep’s feta is the best!), optional
Greek Salad Dressing:
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the package directions in salted water. Drain and rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking all the while to emulsify.
- Add diced red onions and a 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette to a large bowl. Allowing them to marinate while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add bell peppers next along with oregano, chickpeas, and kalamata olives.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley. Toss altogether. Add in cooked orzo pasta, 1/4 cup more of dressing and cubed feta cheese (if using). Gently mix.
- Taste and adjust flavor adding more dressing, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon if needed.
Toss with basil and mint just before serving.
Add red pepper flakes if desired.
Salad will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 698.4 mg
- Fat: 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 18.9 mg
Keywords: Greek pasta salad, greek pasta salad recipe, healthy pasta salad, greek pasta salad healthy