This luscious Fruit Salad is made with summer ripe stone fruit and berries. Cherries, peaches, and apricots along with blueberries and fresh basil- tossed in a delicious vanilla balsamic dressing.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cherries (or plums)
- 1 cup blueberries (or blackberries)
- 6 apricots ( or sub 2 more peaches or nectarines)
- 2 peaches (or nectarines)
- 1/4 cup basil, tear or cut in ribbons. Reserve a few smaller leaves for garnish.
- Whisk together balsamic, vinegar, olive oil, vanilla, pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Pit cherries and cut them in half. Rinse blueberries. Slice apricots in half and remove the pit and cut in about 4 slices per half. Peel peaches and slice in 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange 1/2 of the fruit in a bowl, gently layering the fruit. Peaches and apricots break down easily, layering rather than tossing, keeps the fruit looking fresh. Drizzle about 1/3 of the dressing over the fruit. Distribute 1/2 of the basil. Continue to layer the remaining fruit and drizzle the remaining dressing. Sprinkle on the rest of the basil.
- Garnish with a few small basil leaves.
For best results, fruit salad should be made and served immediately. If your fruit is ripe it can discolor quickly as well as some fruit color will bleed onto the other fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 29.4 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fruit salad, fruit salad recipe, best fruit salad recipe, easy fruit salad recipe, summer fruit salad, summer fruit salad recipe