Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Recipe! (aka Salsa Verde) A FRESH vibrant recipe for Tomatillo Salsa using raw tomatillos, resulting in the most vibrant flavor. Serve this with chips, Fish Tacos, quesadillas or as a sauce for enchiladas!
- 1 lb Tomatillos, husked, rinsed ( in warm water) and quartered
- 1/2 bunch cilantro- leaves and tender stems OK ( 1 cup, packed)
- 1–2 jalapeno (or more, for more spicy) or 1–2 serano chilis ( I like 2 seranos)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/3 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon sugar ( or agave or honey)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 T olive oil (optional)
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until uniformly combined.
Taste, then adjust salt, heat and lime. ( I find it helpful to taste with a chip, or whatever you are serving this with.)
Refrigerate until serving.
This fresh tomatillo salsa will keep 4 days in the fridge.
If you like extra heat, serrano chilies are a great option.
If it ends up too spicy for your taste, you can temper it by adding cucumber or more tomatillo. Re-adjust with salt and lime.
Keywords: salsa verde, tomatillo salsa, tomatillo salsa verde, fresh tomatillo salsa, green salsa, Mexican salsa verde, fresh tomatillo recipes, fresh tomatillo salsa recipe