This Fresh Peach Salsa recipe is bursting with summer flavor! Delicious on its own with chips or serve over grilled fish or chicken. Simple and easy, make this when peaches are at their peak of flavor -fresh, juicy and ripe.
- 3 large peaches- ripe (but not overly soft) diced into ½ inch dice, skins ok
- ½ a medium red onion, very finely diced ( about ¾ cup)
- ½ a red bell pepper, finely diced ( for color and texture)
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, very finely diced
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, tender stems ok
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice ( 1–2 limes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder – optional, more to taste ( will add a pleasantly smoky heat)
Gently rub peaches with a terry cloth towel to help remove peach fuzz, then rinse under cold water.
Dice peaches, tomato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro and add to a medium bowl. Add lemon juice juice, salt and pepper, gently toss to combine. Adjust lime and salt. Add optional chipotle powder, starting conservatively with a ¼ teaspoon.
Taste, and and adjust according to preferences. You want a delicious balance between sweet, salt, lime and heat.
Serve with chips or over fish or grilled chicken. This Peach Salsa would be a nice addition to Burrito bowls or tacos. Or you could even make bruschetta out of it!
If you are not a cilantro fan- feel free to use less. If you love cilantro, add more!
Keywords: Peach salsa, fresh peach salsa, peach salsa recipe, peach salsa recipes, fresh peach salsa recipe, peach salsa for fish