This French Potato Salad is loaded up with fresh herbs – tarragon, parsley, and chives and dressed in the most flavorful Dijon Vinaigrette. It’s vegan, with no mayo, and quick and easy to make. Healthy and light!
- 2 pounds fresh potatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick (little, thin-skinned potatoes work best here)
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, roughly chopped (or sub 1/4 cup dill or basil ribbons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (or sub green onions), minced
Boil the Potatoes: Place the sliced potatoes in a large saucepan cover completely with cold water. Sprinkle in salt and bring to a boil. Add the 2 cloves of garlic, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
Make the Vinaigrette: While potatoes are simmering, make the vinaigrette by whisking together dijon, oil, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Assemble: Drain potatoes and garlic. Place potatoes mostly single layer on a baking sheet to cool. Mince the cooked garlic and add to the vinaigrette. Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over the warm potatoes. Let sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
Serve: Add to a serving bowl gently tossing with the chopped fresh herbs. Serve at room temp or refrigerate and chill.
This can be made ahead and chilled up to 4 days, but also really delicious served at room temp.
Keywords: vegan potato salad, French potato salad, herbed potato salad, potato salad no mayo, healthy potato salad recipe,