- 1 1/2 cups cooked farro (or other whole grain- quinoa, rice, barley, wheat berries)
- 2 large handfuls of chopped lacinato kale ( or sub baby kale)
- 4 figs, halved or sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons crushed toasted walnuts ( or sub almonds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, pecans)
- 1– 2 ounces goat cheese ( aged or crumbled)
- garnish: 1 teaspoon hemp seeds ( optional) or make Maple pecans!
Balsamic Maple Mustard Dressing
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Divide farro among two bowls.
Cook up a big batch of farro ahead ( like on a Sunday) and serve during the week, freeze in smaller batches for later use. Cook like you would pasta, in a big pot of salted boiling water. Add a splash of vinegar, a garlic clove and bay leaf for more flavor. Remember farro will almost triple in size.
The dressing will make more like 3 servings, so you may not need to use it all.
- Serving Size:
- Saturated Fat:
- Trans Fat:
Keywords: farro bowl, farro kale salad, farro bowl with kale