Dukkah is a flavorful Egytian spice blend made with fragrant spices and and toasted nuts. Sprinkle it on soups, salads, eggs, avocado toast, sautéed veggies… to give an earthy flavor and delicious crunch!
- ½ cup almonds (or sub other nuts- like hazelnuts, pinenuts, walnuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup pecans (or sub other nuts- like hazelnuts, pistachios, pinenuts, walnuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel ( or sub anise)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
Add this mixture to a dry sauté pan and place over medium-low heat. Give a stir every 30 seconds or so for about 3-4 minutes. Lower heat to low and add the coriander, cumin, fennel, pepper and salt to the ground nut mixture in the pan. Stir for another 3-4 minutes until slightly fragrant.
Keywords: Dukkah recipe, how to make Dukkah, what is Dukkah, authentic Dukkah recipe, middle eastern spice blend, homemade Dukkah