This Coconut Bacon recipe is healthy, crunchy and easy to make in about 15 minutes. A delicious savory smoky topping for salads, soups, wraps and avocado toast! Vegan and Gluten Free!
- 2 cups wide raw coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked soy sauce (or soy sauce or Braggs + a couple drops liquid smoke (not too much!)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (use more to taste if you like it more candied)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Gently mix coconut, smoked soy sauce, maple syrup, smoked paprika and pepper until coconut is completely coated.
- Spread out on a sheet pan, with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 F. Check in 6 minutes, bake about 5 more minutes more or until golden brown. It will crisp up as it cools.
Coconut bacon will stay crisp and fresh in a sealed airtight container up to two weeks. Keep in the freezer for 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 87.4 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut bacon, vegan bacon, vegan coconut bacon, vegetarian bacon,