This Greek Salad is everything you want in a summer salad- refreshing, vibrant, flavorful and healthy. Simple ingredients, that can be made in 20 mins!
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes- heirloom tomatoes, cherry, grape, etc. (4 cups chopped)
- 1 large English Cucumber – cut into half-moons (or sub Persian or Turkish Cucumber)
- 1 bell pepper- chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 12–15 kalamata olives, pitted, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped (or use 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, (or sub fresh mint or Italian Parsley)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4–6 ounces of feta
- Finely slice the red onion and place it in a large bowl. Toss onion with the red wine vinegar and the salt, and let this stand while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, kalamata olives, oregano and dill in the bowl.
- Grate the garlic clove over top and pour in the olive oil.
- Give the salad a good toss and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in a serving bowl and nestle the feta over top. You can use one large thin piece or cut it into smaller pieces (like one per person).
- Drizzle the feta with a tiny bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with more dill and cracked pepper and chili flakes if you like. (Aleppo or Urfa Biber both work great here!)
The Greek Salad will keep 3 days in the fridge.
Feel free to serve it over greens, add grilled chicken, chickpeas, or grilled tofu, to make it more of a meal.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 344.3 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 16.8 mg
Keywords: Greek Salad, Greek Salad recipe, traditional Greek Salad, Greek Salad dressing, Greek Salad with feta, classic Greek Salad, best Greek Salad recipe