A delicious treat with a bit of healthy tucked inside, Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Dried Cherries have a hint of spice and are richly satisfying.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose white wheat flour (202 grams)
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder (38 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, optional (see notes)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or other neutral flavored oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup dried cherries coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (the darker the better)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with a light coating of oil or oil the papers if using.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and chipotle powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together avocado oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Then fold grated zucchini in.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, including dried cherries and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Gently folding in, trying not to over mix.
- Scoop into muffin tins filling to a 1/2″ of the top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-22 minutes.