Creamy and smoky, homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing takes things up a notch. With fresh lime juice, cilantro and just the right amount of chipotle pepper kick, this zesty dressing is also delicious as a dip or a spread! Vegan adaptable and gluten-free!
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ( or use homemade mayo, vegan mayo, or Veganaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream (can use vegan sour cream or vegan yogurt)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (for a more mild flavor use a 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 scallion-green part only, minced (or use chives)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder *see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste-greatly depends on the salt you use! We used Himalayan pink salt)
- In a bowl whisk together the mayo, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), lime juice, garlic, cilantro, green onion, chipotle powder and salt.
- For best results, refrigerate at least an hour before using. This will help it thicken up. Store in the fridge in a sealed container up to 5 days.
We opt for chipotle pepper powder for unadulterated flavor and no hidden ingredients. You can use canned chipotle in adobo sauce if you prefer. The smoky spicy flavor of chipotle is the key for this dressing. If you absolutely don’t want spice you could replace with the same amount of smoked paprika mixed with chili powder.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoon
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 148.8 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 7.2 mg
Keywords: Chipotle Ranch Dressing, Chipotle Ranch, Chipotle Ranch Dip, Chipotle Ranch Recipe