This Chickpea Salad is quick, easy and full of fresh flavors and crunchy texture. Made in one bowl with a simple lemon olive oil dressing, it all comes together in about 20 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups or 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 avocado (see notes)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl add chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, mint. Cut the avocado into chunks (do this after everything else is prepped to prevent it from turning brown).
- Pour lemon juice and olive oil over the top. Add salt and pepper. Mix and serve.
You can make the salad a couple hours ahead of time, leave out the avocado and add in just before serving to keep it from getting brown.
This salad is best served day of but next day leftovers are still pretty tasty just not as vibrant.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 279 mg
- Fat: 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.9 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea salad, vegan chickpea salad, easy chickpea salad, chickpea salad recipe,