The smoky flavor of cedar helps make this salmon dish the easiest and tastiest you’ve ever made! Cedar Plank Salmon is easy, delicious and healthy! Salmon is infused with subtle smoke using a cedar plank on the grill—no fuss, with easy clean up.
- Soak cedar plank in water 1-2 hours.
- Pre-heat grill to medium (400-450F)
- Brush salmon liberally with olive oil and sprinkle all sides with the salmon rub mixture and set on a plate in the fridge. Alternatively, you could brush with oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Place the cedar plank on the grill (without the salmon) cover and grill the plank until smells wonderful (like a Finnish Sauna) and grill marks appear on the plank, 4-ish minutes. Turn the cedar plank over.
- Place the salmon on the grilled cedar plank, lower heat to low (300F), cover, and grill the salmon low and slow until cooked to medium 130-135F, about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets. Add the thyme halfway through.
To elevate: If using the Salmon Rub- caramelize the sugar by broiling in the oven for 1-2 minutes until the tops are just golden. You can also use a kitchen torch.
If seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon zest, squeeze with lemon at the end (or serve with lemon).
- Serving Size: 4 ounce piece of salmon
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 380.3 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 25.3 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: cedar plank salmon, cedar planked salmon recipe, cedar plank salmon recipe, cedar planked salmon