An easy-to-make summertime favorite, Caprese Pasta Salad is always a hit! Simple ingredients, quick to make, and oh-so-good!
- 1/2 pound pasta, short varieties like cavatappi, fusilli, penne, bow tie, orechiette, etc.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2–3/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 ounces fresh mini mozzarella balls, ciliegine are “cherry-sized”, feel free to slice in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Start the pasta cooking in salted water (the water should taste like the sea). Cook according to package. Drain, lightly rinse and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add in pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Let sit 30 minutes for the best flavor (up to 2 hours in the fridge).
This is best served the day of because the tomatoes tend to break down. However, it is still good for up to 2 days, stored in the fridge.
If you like red onion, slice 1/4 cup thinly and add it to the dressing in the bowl while prepping the remaining ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 391 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.3 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 17.4 g
- Cholesterol: 6.8 mg
Keywords: caprese pasta salad, caprese pasta salad recipe, tomato basil pasta salad,