This quick and simple Cabbage Stir Fry is humble yet overflowing with savory flavor. Full of amazing health benefits, cabbage takes center stage here transforming into a luscious side dish or perfect topping for rice or buckwheat soba noodles. Ready to serve in about 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 pounds of cabbage (1 medium head), 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1–2 leeks, about 2 cups, cleaned and chopped in 1/2 rings,
- 1 heaping tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari (please adjust amount to your preference and ingredient choice)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a well-heated hot wok or skillet, stir fry cabbage without oil for 3-5 minutes until some edges are lightly charred.
- Push cabbage to the edges of the wok. Add avocado oil, leeks, ginger, and garlic sautéing in the center of the wok for 1-2 minutes until leeks are wilted. Add salt and sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, and rice vinegar.
- Stir all together, until everything is heated through. Add green onions and cilantro.
- Serve over rice, buckwheat soba or rice noodles.
Protein: Feel free to add shrimp, chicken or crispy tofu. Stir-fry these first, seasoning with salt and pepper, and set aside. Fold into the stir-fried cabbage at the end and heat through.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 411.8 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cabbage stir fry, cabbage stir fry recipe