Simple, beautiful Brie Cake topped with fresh berries, figs and grapes, drizzled with honey and served with seeded crackers – an easy, festive appetizer or dessert, perfect for celebrations and gatherings.
- 1 lb wheel Humboldt Fog ( or 5–6 inch diameter wheel brie or double cream brie- see notes)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, raspberries or other berries
- small bunch champagne, concord or other small grapes
- 3–4 figs, quartered
- optional additions – currants, herb sprigs, edible flowers, small sliced pears
- 1–2 Tablespoons drizzle of honey
- seeded crackers or baguette
Place the wheel of cheese on a simple white plate or platter. ( see notes)
If using a tall candle or sparkler, secure it in the center first.
Begin layering fruit and berries creating as much height as possible. Tuck in a few sage leaves, edible flowers or rosemary sprigs. Have fun with it!
Add remming fruit to one side on the plate, or around the cheese on the plate.
Drizzle with honey. Serve with a basket of crackers, spiced nuts and champagne!
Slice like you would cake.
Humboldt Fog ( by Cypress Grove) can be found locally at Costco…. or order on line.
If going with basic brie, stack two to three mini wheels to create a more dramatic effect. Use a little smear of honey to stick them together.