Vegan Poke Bowls made with poke beets instead of fish, this delicious marinated beet salad can be made ahead and served over rice, greens or noodles for midweek meals!
- 3 cups beets, cut into 1/2 inch cubes ( washed, rough ends trimmed, no need to peel) about 1 – 1 1/4 lbs or two large beets.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Shredded Nori or dulse seaweed flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce ( or GF Braggs liquid aminos)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon lime
- 2–3 teaspoons maple syrup or sugar or honey (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
Serve over rice, greens or soba noodles with any or all of the following: avocado, radish, cucumber, carrots, snap peas, edamame, sprouts, nuts or seeds, seaweed.
Place beet cubes in a pan with the water and salt. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes until easily forked and tender. Remove beets from heat and drain off any remaining water and place in a bowl.
While the beets are simmering, whisk together the dressing. Mix beets with Poke Marinade while still warm.
Set aside to cool a bit before adding scallions and cilantro.
Serve over rice, greens or soba noodles, spooning the flavorful marinade over top. Top with the beet poke and add any optional additions you like.
Beets vary in sweetness. Feel free to adjust maple syrup to your taste.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan poke bowl, beet poke, vegan poke, poke salad, poke bowl, vegan poke bowl, poke beets, how to make poke, poke marinade, what is poke?