Beet Orange and Fennel Salad- an energizing vegan salad that can be repurposed into grain bowls for mid week lunches.
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds cooked beets- steamed or roasted, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 oranges ( feel free to sub 1 blood orange), peeled, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and shaved thinly
- ⅛–¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅛ cup fresh dill or mint- chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh italian parsley – chopped
Place the cooked cut beets, oranges and fennel in a medium bowl. Add fresh herbs.
Add dressing ingredients, and toss. ( It helps to warm the honey first if using- I just place the jar of honey in a bowl of hot water to loosen it.) Alternatively, you could whisk the dressing ingredients separately in a small bowl, then toss with the salad.
Store leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge, covered. Repurpose into grain bowls for lunch – serving the cool salad over warm quinoa with sliced avocado, sprouts and toasted pumpkin seeds. My husband loves this with crumbled goat cheese.