This Turmeric Tea is an Ayurvedic Detox Tea- a “daily” drink made with fresh turmeric, ginger and whole spices to help aid the liver, flush out toxins and restore balance in the body. Healing and restorative. make a big batch and sip throughout the day.
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1–2 Tablespoons thinly sliced ginger ( or 1/2 –1 teaspoon ground ginger, more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced fresh turmeric ( or 1/2 –1 teaspoon ground turmeric, more to taste)
- 1–2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1–2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1–2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1–2 bags (or Tablespoons) green tea, tulsi tea, mint tea, chamomile, ginger tea, yerba,
- squeeze of lemon ( amplifies green teas health benefits)
- Other additions: use other whole spices if you like- cinnamon, clove, cardamom pods , pink peppercorns, anise
- Boil water.
- Place seeds, turmeric and ginger and tea in a french press, let stand 5 minutes before plunging.
- Refill french press reusing the same ingredients. Try to drink a total of two quarts in a day.
- Alternatively, simmer all ingredients together for 5 minutes in a large pot. Strain, before drinking.
This can be made ahead and refrigerated, then reheated as needed.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 4
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 9.8 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: turmeric tea, fresh turmeric tea, ayurvedic tea, detox tea, turmeric tea recipes, Ayurvedic recipes, detoxing tea, cleansing tea,