- 2 cups green beans or yellow wax beans, blanched (see notes)
- 14 ounce can white beans (rinsed and drained), or 1 can albacore tuna, drained, or sub chickpeas or other beans.
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 6-ounce can black olives, 1-1 1/2 cups ( or 1 cup kalamata olives)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4–1/2 cup basil, chopped
- optional: baby mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon maple or honey (optional- see notes)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or dried oregano)
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch chili flakes
Gather your ingredients for the salad.
Blanch the green beans: Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, add green beans and simmer until vibrant and just tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water.
In a large bowl, add the drained beans (or drained tuna), drained artichoke hearts, drained olives, chopped celery, roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onions, capers and fresh herbs. Add baby mozzarella balls if using.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Gently fold in the dressing into the salad, until combined. Taste, and add more salt or vinegar as needed-flavor will vary here based on what specific canned goods you are using.
Chill until serving time.
Salad will keep 4 days in the fridge.
Feel free to substitute other veggies: snap peas, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. Blanch any veggies you wouldn’t want to eat raw.
If making this with Tuna, add 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard.
Herb variations: dill or cilantro work well here too.
Keywords: Antipasto salad, vegan antipasto salad, antipasto salad recipe, antipasta salad, antipasto vegetarian, antipasto vegan, tuna antipasto salad