A refreshing a crunchy salad made with summer roots- kohlrabi, radishes, diakon, turnips, carrots, beets, fresh herbs and a lemony Yogurt Garlic Scape Dressing
- 4–5 cups ( packed) spiralized roots (1 kohlrabi, 1–2 turnips,4–5 radishes or 1 cup diakon radish, 1–2 carrots, 1 chioggia beet) Scrub all weel- peeling is optional
- ¼ cup red onion- tiny sliced
- ½ cup while milk plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3–4 x 4 inch pieces of garlic scape ( tender part, just below flower) or use 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- fresh herbs for sprinkling- dill, parsley, mint or basil
- Place 4-5 cups spiralized ( or grated) summer roots in a bowl.
- Blend dressing ingredients until smooth, in a blender. Taste, adjust garlic and salt
- When ready to serve, toss with spiralized roots.
- Note: If using red beets, the salad will turn bright hot pink.
- Chioggia or golden beets seem to bleed less.