A light and refreshing Plum Salad with cucumber, jicama and a flavorful Shrub Dressing. And a fun way to use shrubs! Delicious, vegan, and GF. (Dressing requires 24 hours on the counter.)
- 2 cups cucumber, sliced in half rounds
- 1 cup jicama, cut in thin matchsticks (or sub salad turnips or kohlrabi)
- 1/3 cup plum shiso shrub
- 2 tablespoons fresh shiso, roughly chopped (or sub more basil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon fresh jalapeño, minced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 fresh plums, sliced
Toss cucumber and jicama in a medium bowl with the plum shiso shrub, letting it marinate a little while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Add the chopped herbs, ginger, jalapeño and salt. Give a gentle stir to combine.
Place in a serving bowl and add fresh plums on top.
Refrigerate until serving.
Pairs well with fish, chicken, tofu, rice and lends a nice twist to Asian meals.