A light and refreshing Plum Salad with cucumber, jicama and a flavorful Plum Shrub dressing. A fun way to use shrubs. Delicious, vegan, and GF. (Dressing requires 24 hours on the counter.)
- 2 cups cucumber, sliced in half rounds
- 1 cup jicama, cut in thin matchsticks (or sub salad turnips or kohlrabi)
- 1/3 cup plum shiso shrub ( or see notes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh shiso, roughly chopped (or sub more basil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon fresh jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 fresh plums, sliced
Toss cucumber and jicama in a medium bowl with the plum shiso shrub, letting it marinate a little while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Add the chopped herbs, ginger, jalapeño and salt. Give a gentle stir to combine.
Place in a serving bowl and add fresh plums on top.
Refrigerate until serving.
If you rather not make the shrub, substitute 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons sugar. Add more of each to taste.
Pairs well with fish, chicken, tofu, rice and lends a nice twist to Asian meals.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 195.4 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: plum salad, plum shiso salad, shiso recipes, plum jicama salad