Roasted Cauliflower with Gremolata
Trim and slice the cauliflower, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt.
Roast in the oven at 425F until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.
Make the gremolata.
Italian parsley is the base herb of gremolata…. but sometimes I’ll add fresh mint, basil or even cilantro.
Chop it finely. You need 1 Cup of fresh chopped herbs.
Add zest of one large lemon.
Add two to three finely minced garlic cloves.
When the cauliflower is tender and golden, arrange on a platter.
Top with the gremolata.
Or if plating a special dinner, place a roasted cauliflower steak on a plate, making a “bed” for your protein to lay overtop.
- 1 large cauliflower-Sliced into ¾ inch slices
- 1 bunch Italian parsley- finely chopped- 1 Cup (or use part mint or cilantro)
- 2-3 garlic cloves- finely minced
- ⅓ C olive oil
- Zest of one large lemon (1 ½ Tablespoon) finely chopped
- ⅛ C fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Remove cauliflower leaves and trim sides of the stem, leaving the length. Slice Cauliflower into ½ inch to ¾ inch thick slices. ( See photo). Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and a little pepper. Roast in the oven, uncovered until golden and tender, about 30 minutes (check at 25 minutes). The thicker the slices the longer you will have to roast.
- While cauliflower steaks are roasting, make the gremolata.
- Chop Italian parsley ( some stems are ok) finely, to make roughly one cup, and place in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- When Cauliflower is tender, arrange on a platter, and drizzle gremolata over top.