In this Fall Nourish Bowl, curried cauliflower, lentils, tuscan kale and brown rice gently cradle a refreshing Carrot Slaw. A light, flavorful Turmeric Vinaigrette is spooned over top. Soothing and nurturing, this wholesome vegan and gluten-free bowl is a kind gift to give our bodies after all the holiday feasting. This recipe makes 2 extra hearty bowls.
Cut ½ a cauliflower into florets. Toss with olive oil, curry powder and salt. Roast 30 minutes.
At the same time cook the lentils and the rice.
I just discovered this 15 minute Organic Brown Rice at Trader Joes, for those short on time.
Grate carrots or purchase matchstick carrots and toss with cilantro and scallions.
Assemble the bowls and top with Carrot Slaw.
Spoon the Turmeric Vinaigrette over top.
A nurturing bowl that is vegan and gluten free, yet hearty and filling.
- ½ cup dry lentils ( or 1½ cups cooked)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ cup brown basmati rice ( or 1 ½ cups cooked)
- ½ cauliflower- cut into florets
- ¼ onion, sliced - optional
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne
- Garnish: Sprouts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds,
- Pre heat Oven to 425F
- Cook rice and lentils according to directions, in separate pots on the stove.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets. Slice onion thinly. Place on baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and curry powder. Place in the oven to roast 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Grate carrot and toss with cilantro & scallions.
- Stir dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- When lentils are done, add cumin and coriander season with salt and drizzle of olive oil.
- Season rice with salt and pepper.
- Assemble Bowls.
- Divide warm lentils, rice and cauliflower. Add greens or kale. Top with slaw and optional sprouts.
- Spoon Dressing over top. Add sprouts or seeds.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.7g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g|